- About Us
- Disaster Planning
- Funding sources
- Help Resources
- Ed Programs
- IL Repositories
Submitted by colburn on Tue, 2012-10-16 15:51
Canadian Conservation Institute
- CCI Notes advice on care, handling, and storage of collections
- Environmental Guidelines for Museums by David Grattan and Stefan Michalski
CCI Notes related to conservation issues:
- N2/1 Ultraviolet Filters (1994)
- N2/3 Track Lighting (1992)
- N2/4 Environmental Monitoring Kit (1983)
- N2/6 Fire Protection Issues for Historic Buildings (1998)
- N2/7 Museum Fires and Losses (1998)
- N2/8 Automatic Sprinkler Systems for Museums (1998)
- N17/1 The Beilstein Test: Screening Organic and Polymeric Materials for the Presence of Chlorine, with Examples of Products Tested (1993)
- N17/2 The Diphenylamine Spot Test for Cellulose Nitrate in Museum Objects (1994)
- N18/3 Construction of a "Soft" Profile Gauge (2007)
Central NY Library Resources Council (CLRC)
Environmental Monitoring Resources can be found on CLRC's archival services resources page
Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
Connecting to Collections Guide to Online Resources for "Manage the Collections Environment"
Connecting to Collections Guide to Online Resources for "Learn more about Collections Care"
Minnesota Historical Society.
Getting a Handle on the Museum Environment (1999)
Nebraska Educational Telecommunications (NET), Nebraska's PBS and NPR Stations
Saving Your Treasures
Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC).
Preservation Leaflets, The Environment:
- 2/1 Temperature, Relative Humidity, Light, and Air Quality: Basic Guidelines for Preservation
- 2/2 Monitoring Temperature and Relative Humidity
- 2/3 Getting Function from Design: Making Systems Work
- 2/4 Protection from Light Damage
- 2/5 Protecting Paper and Book Collections During Exhibition
- 2/6 Low Cost/No Cost Improvements in Climate Control
- Preservation 101: Preservation Basics for Paper and Media Collections This free, self-guided online course discusses many issues related to collections care and disaster planning. Be sure to look at the lists of Resources and PDFs that accompany this course.
Syracuse University Library.
Environmental Monitoring guidelines, resources, tips, and suppliers
U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
The Realistic Preservation Environment